Thursday 29 October 2009

27days post op

Had a great day today. Worked a full day, albeit sat down on a fitball to massage but a full day nonetheless. I will definitely be using the fitball more when I've recovered too as it is much less tiring and my clients don't even notice the difference. Hurray!

Have found the hip twist exercise (lying in a bridge start position, then lowering one leg out like opening a book then bringing it back, and opening the other side) absolutely fantastic and easing the adductor tightness so I've been doing that one periodically.

Also feeling good from the hydrotherapy yesterday. Not been to the gym yet today, I've got 1 personal training session left to do tonight and then I'm going to head off and just do 45mins on the bike and a few rehab and core exercises with a stretch. Then bike and hydrotherapy tomorrow. Only 4 clients in tomorrow so should get through to the weekend without damaging myself.

I'm four weeks post op tomorrow and wondering if I can ditch the crutches all together. Quite happy to but don't want to do any damage. Maybe I'll give Prof Schilders a call. Gah its his surgery day tomorrow. Maybe I will call Louise - physio instead.

Must remember not to bound about - I keep almost skipping down the stairs at work when I go wash my hands between clients and having to stop myself. Roll on impact activities :)

No comments:

Post a Comment