Wednesday 28 October 2009

26 days post op

Mobility in the hip is getting better and better. So I'm much more aware of the aches and niggles and tightnesses. If only I could have a massage everyday. Its worlds better than it was thanks to Toni's massage but my adductor certainly tightens up again quickly. Can't wait to be walking normally.

Its 4 weeks on Fri from operation date so I should be able to do away with the crutches 'officially' - Hurray!! I can't wait, but I keep forgetting I'm slightly damaged goods at the moment and only just stop myself from bounding up the stairs and instead take them one by one, good leg leads on the way up, bad leg leads on the way down. So slowly........ If I forget one more thing that is upstairs when I'm in a rush I think I may go mad. step, step, step.

Cannot wait to run. According to the schedule I'm looking at another 3 weeks then having a go at some multidirectional jogging! Woo hoo! Wonder when I can get on my road bike? I can start adding resistance to the stationary bike after Friday.

I can definitely say that 4 weeks in my frustrations at not being able to train are at an all time high and in response I have huge cravings for cake and crap food. I generally don't eat crap food so I'm trying to keep my nutrition really good to keep my recovery optimal. But it is challenging.

Did 45mins on the stationary bike today, some adductor exercises, glute exercises, and half an hour in the pool on the hydrotherapy exercises. Thought that the hydrotherapy would be dull but I love it. I feel a bit 'special' as the swimmers stare at me, but the improvement in how my hip feels afterwards is fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment