Monday 26 October 2009

24days post op and a little tired

One of the drawbacks of having the surgery at such short notice was that I already had a full diary of treatments and training sessions for the next couple of months. It took me until well after my operation just to cancel every single session for the following week.

I hate letting people down so I selectively cut down and tried to hold on to as many appointments as I could, figuring that if I didn't feel up to it that I could always forewarn clients of my situation and cancel nearer the time if I needed to. Which of course wouldn't happen.

The result was that I did a fair few hours standing last week and even though it felt completely fine, I'm wondering if I should have. Hoping that if I've put my poor healing hip through the mill that its not too late to back off and give it some time now.

I was just not designed for taking it easy. But I've got to think of the long term health of my hip - and remember what I would say if I was one of my own clients. Have decided to take the action of cancelling much of my treatment schedule for this week, although it kills me to even think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment