Tuesday 24 November 2009

Bring it on

Yay! Sleep caught back up now - fatigue levels down and back to normal progress again. That will learn me. Top priorities for optimum recovery are definitely quality sleep and quality nutrition. Have started to reduce my starchy carbs and increase heavy proteins in line with the cold winter setting in, in line with my seasonal change in my metabolic type and feeling the benefit.

Went swimming this morning and had a great session. I felt much better that the previous week which was my first time back. Its amazing how much more even I am in the water now.
I can really feel the difference from before the op. I can actually kick properly with my right leg, without it unbalancing me. Hoping its gonna be the same with my running :)

Also started to include some short adductor strength work on the machine in the gym, low weight and combined with some contract relax work to get progressively more range of motion. That has really made a difference too.

Going to take my bike out this weekend for the first time (if the weather is kind) and then see Mr Schilders on Wed next week. And all plans are to start my run/walk program from the following weekend if he gives me the nod. - So excited!!! Will have 18 weeks to train for my marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment