Saturday 21 November 2009

7weeks post op and feeling the pinch :(

My rehab was going brilliantly and I was dedicating quality time to it everyday. Then I was on a week long course last week with homework and and hours drive either way. Rehab took a backseat and my hip really stiffened up.

This past week I did presentation on Wednesday on Adrenal Fatigue and chronic stress. I'd squeezed in some clients on the Saturday and then worked the whole rest of the weekend on the presentation. I did make the time to train/rehab on Sunday but by Monday I was feeling pretty tired from having no time off. This week at work has been totally full on (it always is after having a week off) There are people queuing up for massages from me and I had just lost all moderation when I'd been booking folks in.

The result - a very tired, grumpy, crisp craving mess. Whose hip is complaining about all the standing up and lifing of people's heavy legs of missing out on my proper rehab routine and of generally being very fatigued. The irony was not lost on me as I delivered my presentation on Wednesday wondering if anyone would mind if I had a lie down at the end :)

So I am under self-imposed orders to chill out tonight and tomorrow and rest rest rest with a touch of gentle rehab for good measure. Lesson learned - less working - say NO I'm sorry I can't fit in another 10 appointments this week, or even 1, and more rest and rehab.

Pretty sure I'm not going to hit my target of starting running at 8weeks post op. Heres to having 2 quality weeks of all the right things and making my first run the weekend of week 9. Fingers - toes and all that matters crossed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment